Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Every Good & Perfect Gift

I enjoyed today,
even though i'm exhausted now,
when was the last time i was THIS tired?
I hope i'll be able to get a goodgood sleep today
(:
As many could tell from my face.
Heh.

Okay.
Off to school at 6.45,
thanks councillors for being punctual,
if that means missing your breakfast too!
Whoopsy.

This shall be a long & detailed post,
so fast foreward if ya want to.
:)
Off to the G.O at 6.50,
HAHA.
Got the keys to the rooms,
off to the concourse.
Saw the whole group of councillors,
moved over to the lilliput.

Brief-ed them for a final time
before mrs teo came in and went through certain things.
THANKS JIAWEI FOR ALWAYS TESTING ME!
(oh & Hazel too!)
Okay yes,
then off to the parade square.

We had the 'honour' of sitting at the yellow tables in the canteen,
while the rest of the school had to sit in the parade square,
muahahaha.
Sang the anthem, the pledge
and off to the lilliput.
HAHA.
It was real funny,
when everyone was competing with the voice that's being heard in the speakers,
and how they announced for MrsTeo,
but she was actually with us in the liliput.

So everyone started to screem & cheer since she would not be able to hear
the school clapping, welcoming her back.
HAHA.
MrsTeo sent the councillors to the toilet(s) to tidy their attire, hair and whatever else
while i remained there with MrsTeo, making sure my 'speech' is perfect.
:)

Councillors came back, and off we went to LCN Room to station ourselves,
& MrsTeo & I went over to KCPPS.

First group:
Mrs Tan & Mr Goh were the accompanying teachers
It was the first time giving the speech, when mrs teo went, 'Its all yours' i was like, 'AHHHH. okay go Tashka.' (Well not aloud).
But i managed too!
Even though the councillors noticed that i was nervous and i was like figitty (sp?) for the first group.
Whoopsy.
But never the less, it went rather okay.
And soon the tour started.
And this batch was the one i enjoyed the most,
even though its like the first batch
where changes happen can happen or whatever that sort.
Its the beginning, so we aren't that confident compared to other groups.

Sandeep from 6Hope is like so cute,
he kept bullying his friend and complaining,
then when i ask who,
he'll pin point someone else.
And trust me, he's a chatterbox.
I also liked this girl, Faith & i forgot the boy's name.
But my, she's so sweet even though quiet.
And she aww. Kept telling me how the school is so nice and everything.
I didn't have any class, so i was hoping around.
Helping mostly at the explanation of the Black Box 'cos i remembered what Miss Foo told me!
;)
& also at the Design Thinking Centre/ Mustard Seed.
It's also the first time that i stepped into the design thinking centre & Gerero Room

Assembled back at the Library area before dismissing.

2nd group:
Councillors remained in the place,
while Miss Foo & I went over this time!
:DD
The teachers this time was..
Miss Stella, Miss Lee & Some Chinese Teacher
This batch was the noisiest and also the most enthu.
And the councillors were all very VERY warmed up already eh?
AND TURNING SUPER HYPER!
:O
I was like super shocked by the sudden change in them.
Hoho.

The second batch's speech is the best that i did throughout all the groups,
less nervous + more confident and i remembered everything too.
:)
Which is something good, yes?
Councillors came back,
and the tour started.
Remained at the black box for awhile before hopping everywhere again.
The Heritage Artefact Room has the misty (sp?) smell,
argh!
Went over to Design Thinking Centre again,
because i fell in love with the CUPBOARD CHAIR that can CHANGE SHAPE.

Run here, there & everywhere
so wet!
& back to the library at 10.30.
Since there wasn't any group yet,
MrsTeo & I were talking and entertaining each other till the groups came back.

Dismissed the group before heading for a short break.
Ran up again to open Liliput
and it was also OUR breaks!
With was the lower sec recess.
;)
Hazel accompanied me to buy a drink,
went over to her class
and off to my class too.
Collected some papers.
:o
And back to the Library area.

By 10.55, Councillors assembled.
And it was time for the third batch.
(My legs were killing already alright.)

Councillors waited,
MrsTeo & I went over this time.
Some reason or another, the sec2s were becoming more energetic,
while i was like the opposite?
:o

The teachers that came over this time was
Mdm Tan & The DM
:DD
The speech this round wasn't that fantastic,
i missed out a point?
But its alright!

Its my first time doing this kind of public speaking,
thankyou everyone for the encouragement.
AND COUNCILLORS,
For being faithful everytime in clapping esp the last time i said it- with all the cheering and the never ending clapping,
It really was a wonderful encouragement to me!
:DD
I really appreciate it, THANKYOU!

Tour started soon after.
Followed Matthew's group.
Because of the changes in the Heritage Gallery,
there were some clashes this round.
But it was still as fruitful.

Joined Matthew's group,
intro-ed Mdm Tan some things that the p6s wern't able to see.
:)
HAHAHHA.
Mustard Seed + Black Box,
helped out there again.

Before running back down to the library area,
to the final dismissal of this group.
And it marked the end of our 2008's p6 Invitation!
:D

Debrief-ed, before heading back to the Lilliput.
Collected our bags
and dragged myself to the canteen to eat!
Councillors all set together,
interacted with one another

Before heading our own ways.

And i'll end of with a few thankyou(s) to different people and also the speech that i said to the p6s:

Firstly, Sec2 Councillors. All 15 of you, Coral, ClaraS, Bhavna, Amelia, JieYing, Murphy, Hazel, JiaWei, Felicia, Sharmala, Matthew, Roger, Vito, Reuben & Bryan Kok. Thankyou for helping out in this project and making this a memorable event for me. Thankyou for putting in the time and effort in memorising your scripts for the different places too. I could never ask for a better group of councillors other than for you guys, THANKYOU!

Secondly, Dharishini, JiaWei & Shalin for encouraging me before every group comes in or before the whole event or anywhere in between, THANKYOU too!

Thirdly, Rajam & Dharishini for helping me check my papers and everything else while i was involved in this event. THANKYOU SO MUCH. (:

AND AND AND

MRS TEO & MISS FOO!
Thankyou for allowing me to lead this small little project/event. If you had not believed in me, i definitely won't be able to stand up there, rather confidently giving a mini speech. :) Thankyou for also giving me an opportunity for me to interact with the sec2 councillors. And also thankyou for helping me edit/print whatever else even though you both are busy marking.
THANKYOU SO MUCH! :D

My mini speech for the p6s:

If I could go back three years and get to choose my secondary school again, I would choose Kuo Chuan Presbyterian Secondary School again. No question about it, No regrets.

Kuo Chuan has been a school where I have made good firm friends and met some caring teachers who believe I am more important as a person than my grades alone. On both good bad days, there is always someone around to share the moment.

The school believes in giving us a balanced education. Lessons, like in all schools, can be tough but the teachers do their best to help us understand our work. Most teachers are also happy to give us extra our lessons when we needed it. KCPSS also has a homeroom system where we move from class to class rather than the teachers. Every classroom has a different environment which enables us to learn better. But coming to KCPSS is more than just about studying. The school has many interesting CCAs and activities for us. It also organizes many educational trips to places like China and England and Korea so that we are exposed to the different cultures of the different countries, and this experience cannot be obtained from daily lessons in class.

This school would be a school that I’ll remember fondly of. The wonderful & caring teachers, the good friends and also a school that molded me into the person I am today, someone who’s more confident now.

In a few weeks, all of you will be choosing your secondary school. My advice to you is “Choose wisely”. Choose a school that suits your learning style and ability. Choose a school that helps you grow as a person and become the young adult God wants you to be. Choose a school that helps you live great moments in your life. Choose a school that is like a second home.
As for me, I chose Kuo Chuan Presbyterian Secondary School.
&& Sec2 comments on the 'speech' please?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home