Saturday, October 11, 2008

There's Always A First To Everything;


This is going to be my very first time. 
Not in the sense like what the picture shows
on stage and the spotlight on you,
but in another way, yes.

All through my journey in council,
everything was commitee work, you're in a group.
But this time its different.
Tuesday would be the first day, i as a senior councillor
am going to lead a project,
by myself.

Its going to be something new to me,
i have never imagined myself leading such a thing,
but thankful for the opportunity at the same time.
Opportunities like this, don't come by often.
This might be the only chance i'll get
but half of me wonders how Tuesday will be like.

When MrsTeo asked whether i was willing to say a few words to the p6s,
thoughts were like,
am i even able to do something like this?
am i tha loud enough for them to hear me?
Do i have the courage to stand infront of everyone,
including my past year teachers to say a few words?
What would be the reaction from the people around when they hear me?
The shy, kind of quiet girl is going to give a small speech,
to a crowd of..
300?

But even as i thought about it, i replied with a yes.
I guess even Mrs Teo or Miss Foo wouldn't have expected me to agree with a yes.
I guess they wouldn't have xpected me to agree to lead the whole thing, but i agreed.
I decided to take a step of courage and do something and make a difference.

It would also be the first time leading the sec2 juniors,
its fun being around them,
and how random they can get.
But yes, they're a wonderful group of people to work with, i must say.
Super cooperative,
willing to help,
and supportive.
I don't think i'll be able to ask for a better group of people to work with.

Even if i'm the only leading councillor and Sec3 involved,
it doesn't mean that it can't be an excellent one,
because IT WILL BE.
Whatever it is,
Remember i'll always be here to help you, Sec2s.
As long as it'll reduce your load, i'll be happy to help.

Thankyou once again for being willing to help out and be involved in this,
thanks for sacrificing a day of school,
instead of checking your exam papers you're going to be helping the P6s.
Thankyou for the positive attitude, because i do appreciate it.
:)

So yes,
Tuesday would be the first.
The first of having a 'stage' to myself while i share a few words to a group of 150, 3 times.
The first time i'm going to lead this project, by myself.
I wonder what the primary school teachers that still remember me will say?
The girl that had gold in her mouth is now confident enough to stand up here to say a few words?
:O

Whatever the response is,
i'm confident, i'm prepared && i'm ready!
:D

I've always been the kind of girl
That hid my face
So afraid to tell the world
What I've got to say
But I have this dream
Right inside of me
I'm gonna let it show, it's time
To let you know
To let you know

This is real, this is me
I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be, now
Gonna let the light, shine on me
Now I've found, who I am
There's no way to hold it in
No more hiding who I want to be
This is me


Doesn't this song say alot about me, now?
:)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home