Sunday, February 3, 2008

Topic On Racism

Lit Assignment


Roses


Racism


If roses can be

red,

yellow,

pink,

white,

and fuchsia

and still be roses


If hair can be

blond,

brown,

orange,

red,

and grey

and still be hair


Then why can't be

Black

White

Pink

Yellow

And brown and still be people


~Lizzy Sydney



(3) Give your personal response:

















Intro:Yeah, to all yo people out thereI wanna know one thing


What's love?


Who are we?


Are we all brothers and sisters?


Our blood is the same colourSo we should get our all get down


Check it out


Rap 1


Could it be that I stand alone on my own,haven't nothing to fear far away from home


Now my time is short, let me excersize your mind


Fly with me to the sky with deny


I hear quiet past generation, I travel different nationscome closer to the man that you're facin',


This is my clear, my sain',my words,


Vanish racism and thoughts of your nervdisplay the verbs and stand up for what you believe


we shall all overcome and achieve


Think about the brothers and sisterswho died in the rain


No love is, to make a differenece



In my life,


there's been heartbreak and pain (heartbreak and pain)I don't know,


If I can face it again (face it again)Can't stop now,


I've traveled so far traveled so far)to change this lonely life



Chorus:


I wanna know what love is, I want you to show me (oh, show me yeah!)


I wanna feel what love is, I know you can show me,Why?


Could you tell me what love is?


Uh, could you tell me what love is?Why? Could you tell me what love is?




What about life and the prayin'


We people gotta stop all the hate and the shame that we're bringin'


We're all the same, we all feel painsome uf us don't even know what we remain


This is the life, the life that we're livin'


With a little respect, we should all be givin'


So here comes the question, no rics or doubt:


Can you tell me what love is and what it's about?



In my life, there's been heartbreak and pain, (heartbreak and pain)


I don't know, If I can face it again (face it again)


Can't stop now, I've traveled so far (traveled so far)to change this lonely life


I wanna know what love is, I want you to show me,I wanna feel what love is, I know you can show me,


Let's talk about love!I wanna know what love is (I wanna know!)I want you to show me


(let's talk about love!)I wanna feel what love is (feel my love!)


I know you can show me (show!)


I wanna know what love is (I wanna know what love is)(I wanna know!)


I want you to show me (yeah, yeah, yeah)


I wanna know what love is (yeah, I'm gonna feel the sign)


know you can show me(uhuhuhhuh, huuuuhuh)


My Response:


Racism is the prejudice that members of one race are intrinsically superior, discriminatory and/or abusive behavior towards members of another race. Because of the past, when wars were caused because of racism and when fights never failed to take place because people were racist, giving nasty comments to other races, in the present, we learned how to deal with it and so it has transformed our thinking and the future, such that we learn to live in harmony. But even though, we don't face alot of the past we still face it, when children and students choose to be self-centred. For example, The majority of Singaporeans are Chinese. And the minority becomes the Malays and the Indians. You'll never fail to see kids or students playing with the same race than with those of different races as they feel more comfortable with people of their colour colour skin. So that they do not feel different than the rest of their friends. Secondly, even though the universal language is english, if you're mixing only with friends of your own race, you'll more likely to speak our language, be it Chinese whuch is the most common case, Malay or Tamil. In the classroom when most of the students are chinese, students would always want to speak their own language mostly Chinese, Making the Malays and Indians feel out of place in the classroom.

Being an mixed - Indian&Eurasian, there are times when i feel offended or out of place, for example, when you're in the classroom and one of your classmates passes a comment over to the other side of the class (most of the time in Chinese.) and you always wonder what the person have said. Was it something good or bad? And there are many times when we feel out of place. When we mix with our Chinese friends, since most of them know the language, they tend to talk to one another in Chinese and i never get to know what they have mentioned about.

I've noticed that young children are actually brought up in a way where they learn to speak Chinese more often than English. They also during their early school days (Kinder1&2), make with people their own race. At that age, if they don't get exposed to learning and playing with people of other races, then how are these children to grow up and not be racist towards other races? Children should learn to mix and play around with children from other races and also be taught english from a young age, so that when they reach Primary school, they aren't racist towards other children. And it would help everyone from every race to live in harmony!


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home